Indiana State Police Seeks Recruits for 76th Recruit Academyby Indiana State Police on November 9, 2015
The Indiana State Police is now accepting applications for the 76th Recruit Academy. Individuals who are interested in beginning a rewarding career as an Indiana State Trooper may apply online at http://www.in.gov/isp/2368.htm. This website will provide a detailed synopsis of the application process as well as information on additional career opportunities with the Indiana State Police Department.
Applications must be received via e-mail by 11:59 pm (EST), on Wednesday, January 6, 2016. Applications received after the deadline will notbe accepted for the 76th Recruit Academy.
Basic Eligibility Requirements and consideration factors for an Indiana State Trooper:
1. Must be a United States citizen.
2. Must be at least 21 and less than 40 years of age when appointed as a police employee. (Appointment date is October 21, 2016)
3. Must meet a minimum vision standard (corrected or uncorrected) of 20/50 acuity in each eye and 20/50 distant binocular acuity in both eyes.
4. Must possess a valid driver's license to operate an automobile.
5. Must be willing, if appointed, to reside and serve anywhere within the State of Indiana as designated by the Superintendent.
6. Must be a high school graduate as evidenced by a diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
The starting salary for an Indiana State Police Department recruit is $1,445.75 bi-weekly during the academy training. At the completion of academy training, the starting salary is $39,213.00 a year. The Indiana State Police also offers an excellent health care plan, which includes medical, dental, vision and pharmacy coverage for both current and retired employees, along with their families. The Indiana State Police pension program provides a lifetime pension after 25 years of service. Additionally, the Indiana State Police Department provides comprehensive disability coverage and a life insurance program.
Interested applicants can obtain additional information about a career as an Indiana State Trooper by visiting http://www.in.gov/isp/3041.htm to find the recruiter assigned to your area.