State Fair Free Stage Boasts Major Talentby Indiana State Fair on July 24, 2014
State Fair Free Stage boasts major talent; Barenaked Ladies, Dustin Lynch, Kansas just a few of the nationally known artists scheduled to perform; Jennie DeVoe recently added.
This year’s Indiana State Fair Free Stage line-up has a long list of big name performers that cover all genres of music. From Kansas to Canada, these artists are coming from all over the globe to sing hits from the 1960s to today. Indy’s own Josh Kaufman will belt out tunes in his unique, soulful sound to show off how he recently became the winner of NBC’s “The Voice” season 6, and Indy-based singer-songwriter Jennie DeVoe has recently been added to kick-off this impressive line-up on Aug. 1.
Here’s the complete rundown of artists and events scheduled for the fair, Aug. 1 – 17:
· Friday, Aug. 1: Jennie DeVoe<http://jenniedevoe.com/> (7:30 p.m.)
· Saturday, Aug. 2: Charles Esten and Clare Bowen of ABC’s “Nashville presented by WRTV-6 (7:30 p.m.)
· Sunday, Aug. 3: Hispanic/Latino Music Festival presented by Honda featuring Limi-T21 and Stacy Sandoval (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
· Monday, Aug. 4: Disney singer/actress Bridgit Mendler (7:30 p.m.)
· Tuesday, Aug. 5: Dustin Lynch presented by HANK-FM and Royal Pin Leisure Centers (7:30 p.m.)
· Wednesday, Aug. 6: Eric Paslay & Kelleigh Bannen presented by HANK-FM and Royal Pin Leisure Centers (7:30 p.m.)
· Thursday, Aug. 7: Josh Kaufman presented by WZPL and Kaplan University
· Friday, Aug. 8: Maggie Rose (6 p.m.); Brothers Osborne (7:30 p.m.); and Chase Rice (9 p.m.) presented by WFMS
· Saturday, Aug. 9: Dylan Scott presented by WFMS (5 p.m.); Dakota Bradley presented by WFMS (6 p.m.)
· Sunday, Aug. 10: Contemporary Christian Music Fest featuring Rend Collective Experiment (2 to 9 p.m.)
· Monday, Aug. 11: Grammy-nominated Canadian rockers Barenaked Ladies (7:30 p.m.)
· Tuesday, Aug. 12: “Happy Together Tour” with The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie; Chuck Negron formerly of Three Dog Night; Mark Farner formerly of Grand Funk Railroad; Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels; and Gary Lewis & The Playboys (7 p.m.)
· Wednesday, Aug. 13: Folk rockers America and Country rock legend Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (7:30 p.m.)
· Thursday, Aug. 14: The Temptations Review featuring Dennis Edwards (7:30 p.m.)
[1 - Jennie DeVoe] Friday, Aug. 15: Classic rock band Kansas (7:30 p.m.)
· Saturday, Aug. 16: Southern blues, funk, rock singer Marc Broussard (7:30 p.m.)
· Sunday, Aug. 17: Pepsi Gospel Music Fest featuring Dorinda Clark-Cole (4 to 9:30 p.m.)
All of these shows are free with paid admission to the fair. The Free Stage, a permanent stage in the northwest corner of the fairgrounds in the Dow AgroSciences Celebration Park, can accommodate about 5,000 fans. For more information, visit www.indianastatefair.com.
General admission is $10; discount tickets are $7; kids 5 and younger are free. Discount tickets are available at www.indianastatefair.com presented by Mattress Firm and the Indiana State Fair box office through July 31, and can also be purchased at all participating Indiana Walmart stores and all CVS/pharmacy stores while supplies last. State Fair parking is $5.